Machinist- 1st shift
Company: S&C Electric Company
Posted on: September 18, 2023
US Fabrication is committed to the manufacturing and on-time
delivery of these piece parts to the assembly operations with a
very experienced staff of machinists who can operate a variety of
work centers able to fabricate sheet steel, turn bar stock and
machine raw castings into complex parts. In this job, you will work
in a production environment, continuously tending a machine. After
an initial training period, productivity and quality requirements
must be met. Durations of set-ups and run times will vary. Tasks
require a moderate degree of eye-hand coordination, manual
dexterity, and the use of both hands and arms on a repetitive basis
for a full range of motion." The responsibilities of this position
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deburring of parts using hand tools such as handheld scrapers
and sanders and power tools such as pedestal belt sanders and power
- Metal finishing equipment such as sand, vapor and metal
- Inspection of parts using inspection instruments such as
scales, tape measures, calipers and various inspection gages.
- Handling of various lubricants such as cutting oil, coolant,
- Identifying need for, and changing dull cutting tools.
- Enrollment and successful completion of courses offered at
S&C Continuous Improvement Institute is required. To select
this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the
- Ability to set up and operate metal cutting and finishing
- Ability to read blueprints and to follow specific written
instructions and procedures.
- A basic knowledge of measuring equipment such as scales, tape
measures, dial calipers and micrometers.
- A working knowledge of shop math. Relevant Work Experience:
Experience as a machine operator in a production environment
preferred. MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with
- Lifting: Frequently lifting items weighing 5 lbs. to 10 lbs.;
occasionally lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Walking: Frequent walking short distances (less than 1/8
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of bulky items weighing up to 50
lbs. short distances.
- Pushing: Use of manual hand truck to occasionally move skids
- Pulling: Use of manual hand truck to occasionally move skids
- Bending: Occasional bending required to perform a variety of
- Reaching: Frequent reaching to load and unload parts from
fixture in machine or tubs.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts ranging in weight from 5
lbs. to 10 lbs. In 1909, S&C Electric Company transformed the
delivery of safe, reliable electricity with the invention of the
Liquid Power Fuse. Today, as the world faces extreme weather events
and the demand for electricity grows, S&C continues to innovate
and advance the electrical grid, ensuring reliable and resilient
power for homes, communities, and critical infrastructure around
the world. With a diverse, global workforce and core values around
integrity, safety, and quality, S&C is a trusted industry
leader and top workplace that offers meaningful careers to more
than 3,500 team members. As a people-first organization, S&C is
committed to fostering an inclusive and collaborative workplace
where team members advance their careers through robust
talent-development programs and involved leadership. S&C's
deeply rooted belief diversity fosters greater creativity,
innovation, and success guides the company to advance and sustain a
diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture.
Keywords: S&C Electric Company, Palatine , Machinist- 1st shift, Other , Palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!